December 20, 2022
Have you ever wondered how people decorate their homes? Do you ever wonder what their criteria is when they do it? Is there such a thing as a perfect interior decorator? There are so many reasons why Singaporeans tend to prefer Scandinavian style home interiors. But the main reason is that Scandinavian interior decorators know exactly what to do to create the perfect Scandinavian look in your home. And there are also 11 criteria you need to consider when choosing an interior decorator to create the perfect Scandinavian look. This is a good thing to be aware of because if you are looking to create a Scandinavian look in your home, you don’t want to hire someone that is just a copy cat and doesn’t understand what it takes to create a Scandinavian look. In this article, I’m going to show you the 11 criterias you need to look for from the interior decorators in Singapore in order to create a Scandinavian look for your home.
1. They should have a strong understanding of the Scandinavian style and its key characteristicsWhen you are looking for an interior decorator to help you create a Scandinavian look in your home, there are certain criteria you should look for. They should have a good understanding of the principle design elements of Scandinavian style, such as simplicity, functionality, and natural light. They should also be able to suggest ways to infuse your own personal style into the space. In addition, you will also want to find an interior decorator who has experience creating Scandinavian looks. This experience will help them to better understand the style and how to create it in your home. They will also be able to give you ideas on how to accessorize and furnish your home to complete the look.
2. They should be able to create a space that is both functional and stylishScandinavian design is all about creating spaces that are both comfortable and stylish, and your decorator should be able to do the same. Make sure they are able to create a space that is both functional and stylish, because Scandinavian design is focused on function over form. The goal is to create a space that is both practical and aesthetically pleasing.
3. They should be able to use a limited palette of colors to create a calming and cohesive lookWhen you are looking for an interior decorator to help you create a Scandinavian look in your home, there are certain criteria you should look for. The decorator should be able to use muted colors to create a cohesive look. Scandinavian design is all about creating a space that is calm and relaxing, so you’ll want to stay away from bright and bold colors. Instead, opt for more neutral tones like white, gray, and black. This creates a calming and relaxing atmosphere.
4. They should be able to incorporate natural materials into the designFinding an interior decorator that can perfectly Scandinavian design can be difficult. It is because Scandinavian design makes use of natural materials, such as wood, stone, and glass. Hence, you have to make sure they can flawlessly incorporate natural materials into the design in order to get that desired look. This includes using wood, stone, and even plants to create a space that feels warm and inviting. Additionally, the color palette should be light and airy with a focus on natural hues. The overall goal is to create a space that is both functional and stylish.
5. They should be able to create a clean and uncluttered lookWhen considering an interior decorator to transform your home into a sleek and modern Scandinavian space, there are several key criteria you should look for to ensure they are up to the task. After all, Scandinavian design is all about keeping things simple and clean. There should be no clutter and each element should have a purpose, so you want to make sure your decorator is able to do just that. The best interior decorators for a Scandinavian space will have a minimalist approach to design. This means they will avoid overly- ornate and cluttered designs in favor of clean lines and simple yet stylish furnishings. This is achieved by using a minimal amount of furniture and decor, and by keeping the space clean and free of clutter.
6. They should be able to use a variety of textures to add interest to the spaceAs an interior decorator, it’s important to be able to use a variety of textures to add interest to a space. This is especially important when creating a Scandinavian-inspired space. This is because the focus on simplicity can sometimes make a space feel flat and one-dimensional. Adding texture can help to add visual interest and depth to a space. There are many different ways that you can add texture to a space. You can use textured paint, wall coverings, rugs, fabrics, and even different finishes on wood. Some of the most popular textures used in Scandinavian design include wood, stone, and metal. These materials can be used in a variety of ways to create interest and depth in a space. For example, wood can be used for flooring, furniture, and accents, while stone can be used for fireplaces, countertops, and flooring. Metal can be used for accent pieces, lighting, and hardware.
7. They should also be able to use light and airy fabrics to create a sense of spaceWhen you are looking for an interior decorator to design your home in a Scandinavian style, you should look for someone who is able to use light and airy fabrics. Scandinavian design is all about creating a space that feels airy and light, so you want to make sure your decorator is able to achieve that look. These fabrics are essential for creating the Scandinavian aesthetic, as they help to create a sense of space and lightness.
8. They should be able to mix different stylesThe Scandinavian look is not just one specific style, but a mix of many different styles. This includes a focus on simplicity and functionality, as well as a focus on natural materials and neutral colors. A good interior decorator will be able to take different elements and put them together to create a cohesive look. This is important, as Scandinavian design often incorporates elements from other styles, such as mid-century modern or industrial.
9. They should be able to work within your budgetWhen you are looking for an interior decorator to create a Scandinavian look in your home, it is important to find someone who is able to work within your budget. There are many ways to create a Scandinavian look, and some may be more expensive than others. Be sure to discuss your budget with your potential decorator so that they can create a plan that works for you.
10. Understand the latest trend in Scandinavian designScandinavian design has been gaining popularity in recent years, and it’s not hard to see why. This type of design is known for its minimalism, functionality, and simplicity. It’s also a very versatile style that can be adapted to many different types of homes. Hence, this type of design is easily changing according to trends. Before you work with an interior decorator to create a Scandinavian look, you should make sure they have a good understanding of the latest trends in Scandinavian design. This means they should be up-to-date on the latest color schemes, furniture styles, and overall aesthetics that are popular in Scandinavian countries.
11. Understand the different type of specific Scandinavian styleLastly, you should make sure the interior decorator you choose has experience working with the specific type of Scandinavian style you are interested in. For instance, if you want to create a Nordic-inspired space, you should look for an interior decorator with experience in that style. The same goes for If you want to create a more contemporary Scandinavian space. A good interior decorator will tell you that if you prefer a more traditional space, then Scandinavian Nordic-inspired space is probably the better choice. If you prefer a more modern look, then Contemporary Scandinavian space is the way to go. Below is the difference between the two:
|Category||Contemporary Scandinavian Space||Scandinavian Nordic-inspired|
|Design||Modern and minimalist||Traditional|
|Color||Often use neutral palette||More colorful and eclectic|
|Furnishing||Simple furnishings||Includes a wider range of furniture and accessories|
|Characteristic||Clean lines, bright white walls||Intricate woodwork, cozy fireplaces, fur blankets|