Are you thinking of doing interior renovation in your house? Or are you just wondering what to expect from such an undertaking? Doing interior renovation can sometimes feel like a daunting task. But the truth is, if you take the time to learn about the process, then you will be able to make the best possible decisions when you go ahead with the renovation. The trouble is, there are so many different factors involved in interior renovation that you can’t possibly know everything before you begin. And once you begin, you may find out later on that you should have been paying more attention to some other aspect of the process. So unless you are a seasoned pro, don’t waste time and just do the renovations you have planned. In this article, I’m going to show you 5 essential things you should know about interior renovation in Singapore.
1. Plan on what type of renovation do you wantBefore you begin any type of home renovation, you first need to decide what kind of changes you want to make. Are you looking to update the style of your home? Or are you wanting to add more space? Maybe you’re looking to make some accessibility changes, or add some new features. If you’re not sure where to start, there are a few things you can do to get some inspiration for your renovation. You can start by looking online at before-and-after photos of similar projects, or visiting local home improvement stores to get ideas for products and materials. Once you have a general idea of what you want to do, you can start planning your project in more detail. This includes deciding on a budget, timeline, and hiring a contractor. You’ll also need to factor in the disruptions that a renovation can cause, and plan accordingly.
2. How to figure out your budgetBefore you start any interior renovation project, it is important to first figure out your budget. Interior renovation can be expensive, so it’s important to have a clear budget in mind before you start. This will ensure that you do not overspend and end up with a home that is incomplete. To figure out your budget, you need to consider the cost of materials, labor, and any other miscellaneous costs that might come up. To start, you’ll need to figure out the square footage of your space. This will help you determine the amount of material you’ll need and the cost of labor. Once you have that number, you can start researching the cost of materials. You can get an idea of prices by looking online or talking to a local contractor.
3. How to find good contractorOne of the most important things you need to do when doing an interior renovation is to find a good contractor. There are many contractors in Singapore, but not all of them are created equal. Make sure you do your research and find a contractor who has a good reputation and who has experience with the type of renovation you want. Here are a few tips to help you find a good contractor for your interior renovation in Singapore: – Get recommendations from friends or family who have recently renovated their homes or offices. – Read online reviews of contractors in Singapore. – Meet with several contractors to get quotes and compare prices. – Ask each contractor for references from previous clients. – Meet with some of the references to see the quality of the contractor’s work firsthand.
4. How to get the proper permitsInterior renovation can be a big project, and it’s important to make sure that you have all the proper permits before you get started. In Singapore, you will need to apply for a permit from the Building and Construction Authority (BCA) before you can begin any interior renovation work. If your renovation includes any structural changes, such as knocking down walls, you will need to submit plans to the BCA for approval. Once you have the BCA’s approval, you can proceed with your renovation. If your renovation does not include any structural changes, you may still need to apply for a permit from the HDB or your condo management. For example, if you are planning to do any major electrical work, you will need to submit plans to the HDB for approval. The process for applying for a permit is relatively simple. First, you will need to submit a plan of your proposed renovation work to the BCA. Once your plan is approved, you will need to pay a fee and submit a few other documents, including a floor plan of your premises and a copy of your Singapore ID. Once your application is approved, you will be issued a permit that allows you to begin your renovation work.
5. Learn about home renovation loanIf you are planning to renovate your home in Singapore, you may be wondering if you can take out a loan for the renovation costs. The answer is yes, you can apply for a home renovation loan from a bank or other financial institution in Singapore. There are a few things you should know about home renovation loans before you apply for one. First, you should know that there are two types of home renovation loans: personal loans and home equity loans. Personal loans are unsecured loans that are not tied to your home equity. Home equity loans, on the other hand, are secured loans that are based on the value of your home. Second, you should be aware of the repayment terms of home renovation loans. Most loans have a repayment period of 5 to 10 years. However, some lenders may offer loans with a longer repayment period. Third, you will need to have a good credit rating in order to qualify for a loan. Fourth, the interest rate on home renovation loans is usually higher than the interest rate on regular personal loans. Finally, you will need to provide the financial institution with a detailed renovation plan and estimated costs in order to get approval for the loan.
Start Your Interior Renovation Project with Ovon-D!Renovating your home can be an excellent investment and you might think that it requires a lot of time and money to carry out. But in reality, it’s not as hard as you think. In fact, it could save you a lot of money in the long run. Ovon-D offers an easy and hassle-free E-WARRANTY program to give you the confidence you need to make that final investment decision. It is because we are a company whose mission is to provide excellence and quality service for OUR BELOVED customers worldwide, as well as being a reliable, honest, professional, and trustworthy company. Click here to learn more about our service or visit our showroom at 53 Joo Chiat Place Singapore 427777 or 534 Balestier Road Singapore 329860.
Dec 27 2022