Many homeowners in Singapore are looking for home renovation contractors that will do the job right. Before you start your “best renovation contractor in Singapore” or “recommended hdb renovation contractor” search, it is important to know what you want and be prepared with questions about your project budget, time frame, and home improvement needs. From home renovations to kitchen remodeling or bathroom renovation, As one of the top renovation contractor for any type of home improvement project! You can ask anything to turn your dream home into reality
What is HDB licensed contractorTo become licensed, a HDB approved contractor must complete the HDB training program. They must also have at least three years of experience and be actively involved in renovation. The company must have been ACRA-registered for at least one year, and the contractor must have owned the company for at least 12 months. Finally, the contractor’s company should not be the subject of any complaints. HDB approved contractor are required to follow strict rules or face a transparent demerit system and fines. For example, if they replace floor tiles without permission, they may be fined $500 to $2,000 and receive three to twelve demerit points. If a contractor’s renovation registration is suspended due to serious infractions, it can be revoked.
Why choose approved hdb renovation contractorYour HDB flat necessitates special attention. When you’re ready to renovate it, it’s critical to work with a HDB approved contractor with a solid reputation for your renovation work. When you hire a HDB approved contractor, you can be confident that the work will be done correctly and efficiently. Before you choose your final contractor or interior design firm, keep in mind that affordableer does not always mean better in the long run. Contractors who are not HDB-licensed are not necessarily bad contractors who perform poor-quality work. Instead, HDB approved contractor have undergone training to ensure that they do not damage the building’s infrastructure or negatively impact neighboring flats. Contractors can become licensed to work on HDB flats through the HDB’s Registered Renovation Contractors’ Scheme (RRCS). This program was created to regulate the actions of contractors working in HDB flats so that they do not annoy building residents or damage HDB property. Remember that there are numerous renovation websites in Singapore dedicated to catching untrustworthy contractors. Let’s face it: when it comes to home renovations, you want to hire someone you can rely on.
Following are the 5 tips that will you choose a trusted home renovation contractor in Singapore:
Contractors Research:When it comes to choosing the right contractor for your home renovation project, you should do a little research. You need to get different quotes from contractors and see what they’re offering so that you can choose one with an affordable price tag but still someone who has plenty of experience in this field. The more experienced they are, the better- chances are higher that everything will go smoothly! Ask around too about which companies have done projects like yours before as well because these people might be able to recommend some options if none come up when researching on your own. Which home renovation project are you doing? Home renovations, kitchen remodels, bathroom, hdb renovation and more can be done by HDB renovation contractors. No matter what type of home improvement needs you have- there’s a contractor for that!
Plan your budget:If you don’t plan your budget beforehand, it will be hard to find a contractor that matches all of the needs for your home. Different contractors have different offerings and if you haven’t set any kind of reasonable budget for this project then there is no way that we could help with finding one who can fit into what both parties are looking for in order to make an agreement! Setting a good amount as needed will also allow room on how much negotiation they would like too do when deciding which cost should come out. Be clear on what you want. You also need to be very specific about what home renovation project that you are looking for. This will help the contractor know which type of service they should provide and how much time it’s going to take, so that both parties can get a better idea of whether or not this is something worth pursuing in regards
Check for Renovation contractors expertise:The renovation process can be long and arduous, so you’ll want to make sure that the contractor is experienced in renovating homes. While some contractors may finish a project within just days or weeks with their expertise, others take months for completion due differences in experience levels of contractors. You should look carefully at past examples of projects completed by each potential company before making your decision on which one will get the job done!
Ask Renovation contractors for estimated completion time:Choosing a HDB renovation contractor only on the basis of price quote is not wise. You should also know what completion time they are offering with that quote, as this can affect your choice in contractors drastically. For example, if one company charges more than another but has less completion time offered to you, it would be worth your money if you want work completed at soonest possible because then there will be no wait for when you need access back into your renovated home. Take care and read all terms before signing any contracts!
Warranties and guarantees from Renovation contractors:It’s important to make sure that your contractor is using high quality materials and products on the project, as you want it done well for now and in the long-term. If they’re not giving any guarantees of what was used during construction or refurbishment, be cautious! Check that you are getting a warranty for all the home renovation work done and make sure to ask if it’s transferable in case you sell your home. Key Points: – Researching contractors is important when considering which one to choose, as they vary greatly with experience levels! Setting a budget beforehand will help determine what type of home improvements you want to make and will also help with negotiations. Make sure to be specific about your home improvement project when looking for a contractor, as it can affect what type of service they provide!
How much does it cost to do a full house renovation?The average cost to remodel a house is $19,800 to $73,200. The extent of the renovation will affect what materials and appliances are needed for each job which can range from simply replacing countertops all the way up to installing new plumbing fixtures. A whole-house renovation averages around 15 square feet per dollar spent on renovations with an approximate price tag ranging between 10k and 60K depending on how much work needs done; whereas only renovating one room in your home may set you back as little as 100 dollars or more than 250 if getting rid of old kitchen cabinets is priority number 1! The amount someone invests into their home depends largely upon personal preference when it comes down to deciding whether they want just a change here or there, or if they want to go all out with a full home renovation.
How do I find out if a contractor is HDB approved?When you become a homeowner, you may consider renovating your home to suit your personal taste and comfort. With our e-Service, you can find a contractor from the Directory of Renovation Contractors (DRC) or a BCA Approved Window Contractor. When performing renovations and protecting the structural integrity of the building, the contractors listed in the DRC are aware of the HDB’s requirements. HDB does not endorse or guarantee the quality of their works. It’s important to be specific about what home improvements you’re looking for before undertaking the home renovations process, as it’ll help determine which contractor should do the job and how much time will need to be allotted
10 Best criteria you should look for before choosing renovation contractors
1. Get Multiple EstimatesFind contractors who will give you written estimates. You can ask for HDB contractors recommended by your friends, family, or acquaintance. Make sure to compare estimates so you get the best price. Look at building materials, work methods, timelines, and other variables that may be different by your licensed contractor. It is a good idea to be cautious of estimates that are too high. Make sure to check the math behind the estimate.
2. Hire Local, Licensed Contractors Whenever PossibleLocal contractors are easier to contact if problems develop with the work in the future. If the contractor is local, ask them for their physical address. You should be suspicious of anyone who visits your home and refuses to leave unless you’re expecting them.
3. Check Their Past WorkHow has their work turned out in the past? Do they specialize in the kind of work you want? Ask for references to check their products’ quality, workmanship, and customer service. Ask if the Better Business Bureau has rated them. Hiring a contractor with more than five years of experience is better.
4. Take Your Time Making a Sound DecisionNever rely on just one bid before making your final selection. You have a few days to decide whether or not you want to sign the contract. There is no rush to make an immediate decision. When someone requests to pay a large deposit up front, be cautious. The person might be scamming you, and you don’t want to end up paying a lot of fees that you might not recover from if they don’t sell your product. If you are in any doubt, ask a sales rep to check the contract or estimate for you. You need to do some research on contractors who do emergency repairs for you. Find out if anyone you know has had a positive experience with this type of contractor
5. Check Their Insurance and BondingGet proof that the contractor is properly insured and bonded. Ask for a contractor’s certificate of insurance, which should provide the contractor’s insurance carrier, policy number and policy limits. Check with the insurance company to verify that your policy is still in effect. Make sure you work with someone who carries the appropriate insurance coverage. You could be liable for accidents that occur on your property if the contractor is not insured.
6. Get Everything in WritingDon’t sign your contract until work has begun. If your employer doesn’t provide a contract that’s clear and well-written, then you need to do it yourself. Having a lawyer review the proposed contract for your protection is a good idea. The contract should include:
- The price of each item and a description of the work to be completed are included.
- Balance due upon completion of repairs will be one-half down and one-third when work is partially completed.
- There is an estimated start and completion date for large projects.
- The contract should clearly state who is responsible for the guarantee and how long it is valid.
- Both parties’ signatures were present. You shouldn’t sign a contract if it has blank sections.
7. Understand Your Right to CancelFederal law requires a “cooling off” period, in which you can cancel the contract without penalty. Make sure to follow applicable rules during the cooling-off period. If you cancel within 30 days from the scheduled delivery date, the customer must send the returned products back to us.
8. Don’t Pay Up-FrontYou shouldn’t pay for the entire project before it’s done. Don’t use cash to pay for things; make checks payable to the company. It is normal to pay a third of the estimated costs as an initial payment for larger projects. If you keep your check as a receipt, you can cash it.
9. Anticipate DelaysIt is possible that delays aren’t the fault of your contractor. Despite the timelines outlined in your contract, the weather may prevent the work from being completed on time. Prepare to modify your plans if you are realistic.
10. Keep a Job FileKeep your contract and all the supporting documents in one folder. You need to create a file that contains all relevant documents. It should include a change order, the contract between you and the contractor, and any correspondence with the contractor.
Keep all your renovation projects running smoothly with Ovon-DHassle-free with E-WARRANTY, Ovon-D offers an easy and hassle-free E-WARRANTY program to give you the confidence you need to make that final investment decision. It is because we are a company whose mission is to provide excellence and quality service for OUR BELOVED customers worldwide, as well as being a reliable, honest, professional, and trustworthy company. Click here to learn more about our service or visit our showroom at 53 Joo Chiat Place Singapore 427777 or 534 Balestier Road Singapore 329860.
Dec 2 2022