Finding the right kitchen cabinet ideas is pivotal to creating a kitchen that you will love for years to come. Whether you prefer a classic look with lots of detailing or something more modern, such as flat-fronted doors, these kitchen cabinet ideas will provide you with the inspiration you need to create a scheme that fits your home’s period, your decorating style and the room’s proportions. If you’re looking for more hdb small kitchen design ideas, these kitchen cabinet ideas will provide inspiration for open-plan, galley, U-shaped and L-shaped kitchen.
1. REPLACE KITCHEN CABINETRY DOORSIf you are happy with your existing kitchen layout and your carcasses are in good order, replacement doors not only make an easy and affordable option, they can also be a creative one, too. In the past, replacing just the doors would have been considered the budget approach but, with a definite move towards adding individuality to a room, this is a great way to refresh a kitchen. You might choose just to replace a selection of the doors rather than all of them – perhaps just wall units, or just one part of the kitchen as a focal point. In a plain modern kitchen, you could replace just a handful, picking several colors to create your own palette. And of course, new doors can be the greener, less wasteful option – there’s no need to rip out a perfectly good kitchen, just because the doors are dated or you want a new colour or finish. And it is satisfyingly simple.
2. OPT FOR A SLEEK HANDLELESS DESIGNThe latest contemporary designs are all about a multi-tasking, free flowing design with a paired-back look. Available in a variety of finishes, from hi-gloss white to textured woods and ceramics, it’s a kitchen style that works beautifully in both modern and period properties. Technological advances in push-open and close doors means that it has become possible to dispense with handles in both wall and base cabinets. If you prefer not to have push-open cupboards, then recessed handles provide the same sleek look and can be lined with contrasting colors and materials to add interest. Whether you’re after handleless cupboards to make the most of a small space or keeping a large space open and light, it’s important that clutter is kept at bay. Too many objects on work surfaces can spoil the look so ensure you have as much storage space as possible by incorporating the latest drawer systems.
3. MAXIMIZE EVERY SPARE INCH OF SPACEMake use of every inch of space, especially in a small kitchen. While base unit cupboards are typically 540mm deep, you might add shallower ones at 380mm deep to make use of space on the ‘non-working’ side of a kitchen island, behind bar stools, for storing items used only occasionally. It’s probably best to run tall units up to the ceiling or just below if they have coving. Stumpy units with 3ft or more of empty space above in a high-ceilinged room look very unbalanced and it is usually better to fill the empty space with more cupboards, which can be used for storing those infrequently used items, such as bases, jugs and terrines. Other hdb kitchen without top cabinet to consider include a drawer with integrated sockets for re-charging phones and tablets (no unsightly wires trailing on the worktop) and dedicated out-of-sight areas for baskets or bins to sort recycling.
4. WORK IN A PANTRYA much-loved hdb kitchen without top cabinet, the pantry or larder offers versatile storage that’s equally suited to modern life. The rise of the home chef and baker, modern shopping habits and the trend towards low-level kitchens with few wall cupboards have created a very modern need for a generous central store. Modern-day pantry ideas – in all their guises and formats – are finding a valued place in country, classic and contemporary kitchens. There is something about a pantry that encourages you to consider aesthetics alongside the practical. The pantry is a traditional room, so I think it’s nice to take the design cue from that and go with it – wooden shelves, scroll brackets and a cold slab. Shallower shelves above deeper shelves, positioned at different heights, allow you to store, see and reach different things with ease.
5. INTRODUCE COLOR TO YOUR KITCHENAfter door/drawer front design, kitchen cabinet colors are next on the list of design decisions. We are seeing a definite trend towards bolder, braver color choices for statement kitchens with more personality. To prevent strong color from overpowering, use it in small portions – perhaps to highlight a key focal point – or keep it below your direct sight line as you enter the kitchen. Also consider scale: a big kitchen can take a much bigger burst of color. If you’re worried that colorful cabinetry might date or dominate the scheme, opt for neutral tones and then introduce color with tiles, paint and accessories. This is where painted kitchen cabinet ideas come in: pick a painted kitchen and you can refresh old hdb kitchen design as it needs – or when your tastes change. You have a resale hdb kitchen design and you are unsure of how to design your old hdb kitchen design. You want it to be functional and look nice, but you don’t know where to start. You don’t have to go through this alone! OVON Design is here to help with hdb small kitchen design ideas, hdb kitchen without top cabinet that will make your home life easier. We specialize in designing hdb small kitchen design ideas, so we know just what will work well in your space. With our years of experience, we can help you create a beautiful and functional old hdb kitchen design that you’ll love. Ovon-D offers an easy and hassle-free E-WARRANTY program designed to give you the confidence you need to make that final investment decision. It is because we are a company whose mission is to provide excellence and quality service for OUR BELOVED customers around the world, as well as being a reliable, honest, professional and trustworthy company. Click here to know more about our service.
Jun 20 2022